Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tell me Django Django Django



No, it's not Go or Rust. I'll get to learning one of those one of these days, but for now I've opted to pick up Python again and go with Django.

I had played around with Python back when I was still in Computer Engineering and doing mainly desktop apps prior to moving over to web stuff when I shifted to IT, so all in all it's fresh enough to help with the PHP burn out (oh yeah, get burned out with programming and then go learn another language, well framework, this will end well). Currently reviewing Python and it feels great to be back on the saddle so to speak.

Never really thought I'd be doing web development when I was still in Engineering, then again didn't really think I'd flunk out of Engineering when I started. 3 years gone to waste, but then again the curriculum was utter shit. 3 years of barely any computer related courses, seriously felt like whoever came up with the curriculum did not understand Computer Engineering and so half assed it. Those years were probably my first brush with depression. Stayed home most days and only showed up for programming subjects or history subjects (I'm a history fag keep up man), and I got pretty good grades for those subjects I did show up to. Still wasted a scholarship and all that. One of my greatest regrets in life, and I guess I've associated Python with those days so I haven't touched it in nearly 8 years.

Ah well, life is life and (re)learning something new is pretty fun. Maybe I'll go pick up Rails again (which I also started back in Engineering) once I'm at a point where I'm satisfied with Django.

No comments: